C Tutorial for Beginners – Learn C programming in simple and easy steps starting from basic to advanced concepts with examples including C Overview, language basics, Environment Setup, Program Structure, Basic Syntax, literals, data types, Variables, Constants, Storage Classes, Operators, Decision Making, functions, Scope Rules, loops, arrays, pointers, Strings, structures, Unions, Bit Fields, Typedef, input and output, Header Files, Type Casting, Error Handling, Recursion, Variable Arguments, memory management, pre-processors, directives, Command Line Arguments etc.
C is a general-purpose, procedural, imperative computer programming language developed in 1972 by Dennis M. Ritchie at the Bell Telephone Laboratories to develop the UNIX operating system. C is the most widely used computer language. It keeps fluctuating at number one scale of popularity along with Java programming language, which is also equally popular and most widely used among modern software programmers.
C Language – Overview
C is a general-purpose, high-level language that was originally developed by Dennis M. Ritchie to develop the UNIX operating system at Bell Labs. C was originally first implemented on the DEC PDP-11 computer in 1972.
In 1978, Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie produced the first publicly available description of C, now known as the K&R standard.
The UNIX operating system, the C compiler, and essentially all UNIX application programs have been written in C. C has now become a widely used professional language for various reasons −
- Easy to learn
- Structured language
- It produces efficient programs
- It can handle low-level activities
- It can be compiled on a variety of computer platforms
Facts about C
- C was invented to write an operating system called UNIX.
- C is a successor of B language which was introduced around the early 1970s.
- The language was formalized in 1988 by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI).
- The UNIX OS was totally written in C.
- Today C is the most widely used and popular System Programming Language.
- Most of the state-of-the-art software have been implemented using C.
- Today’s most popular Linux OS and RDBMS MySQL have been written in C.
Why use C?
C was initially used for system development work, particularly the programs that make-up the operating system. C was adopted as a system development language because it produces code that runs nearly as fast as the code written in assembly language. Some examples of the use of C might be −
- Operating Systems
- Language Compilers
- Text Editors
- Print Spoolers
- Network Drivers
- Modern Programs
- Language Interpreters
- tutorialspoint.com. (ม.ป.ป.). C Tutorial. สืบค้นเมื่อ 18 ตุลาคม 2561. จาก https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/index.htm.
- tutorialspoint.com. (ม.ป.ป.). C Language – Overview. สืบค้นเมื่อ 18 ตุลาคม 2561. จาก https://www.tutorialspoint.com/cprogramming/c_overview.htm.